7/22/08

Our America: An insight i thought of last night.

As i was reading the first chapter, it was amazing to me just to hear these kids describe how they spent their summer. With me I'm not someone who just takes something at face value, with me I dive deep into critical thinking to get a deeper understanding than just what the author has to say.

In Madison a lot of people have this belief that being a dope boy is a choice, I wholeheartedly disagree. The more you hear about these environments (the poverty, the violence etc.) you can't help but feel a small taste of what the people who live there feel everyday. Hopelessness, despair, and a feeling of being lost with no way out. Yes you do make the choice to work the corner, but how many other options do they have? It's easy to say graduate high school, go to college, get a job, or be a productive member of society, but is it really that simple? If you can't see anything past the corner, that's the best you can aspire to.

Kyle M. Bauman

1 comment:

ILLINOIS JONES A.K.A MIKE JONES said...

when your young and living like that you don't see much but whats surrounds you and as u grow thats all you get to see and all u get to know. I Can relate to dat book