7/22/08

The Hood vs. The Burbs

I have to kinda disagree with the book Our America because they are comparing the hood and the subburbs!!! Basically they are saying that someone in the hood probably won't get a good education as a child that were living in the burbs!! I truly disagree!! Personally I don't agree for the simple fact that I live in the burbs and nothing is really different except for the school we go to and the different ethnics and different teachers we have!!! I don't think we learn more than the people in the hood!!! Well, actually it depends what school you attend in the burbs!! My school was a dump to me!! Even though the school was big on sports alot of teachers were getting fired they were believing in the students, they really didn't care to teach you and they would just assing you some homework and would not explain or go over with you what is expected to be done!!! Some were just showing up to get a paycheck!!!

No comments: