7/29/08

Wrestling?

Before anyone decides that my statements are due to my ignorance, I just want you all to know that my dad was a wrestler and always pushed me to do the same. All three of his brothers were and my best friend wrestles in college. It isn't life experience but I am linked close enough to the sport to actually not be full of it when I talk.
I personally think that if you don't personally push yourself to the absolute limit then it isn't a true sport. Oh yes, wrestlers run the bleachers everyday at practice. And? So does the football, basketball, soccer, and even the drill team. Not to mention the track and cross country teams.
In wrestling, you will never face a guy twice your size because it's a for sure lose. But in every other sport, you will face a guy twice your size and if you're as small as me then you will face many three times your size.
You still go up against these guys because that's sports. But not in wrestling. You either win or lose and you find out within a few short matches and then it's over until the next match. You aren't running miles as fast as you possibly can or diving to catch a ball right before a guyy 200 pounds heavier than you smashes you into the ground.
Injuries are common in every sport. I'm living proof of that. But if you are going to claim that wrestling is harder because there's more injuries then ballet is more dangerous than paintball. It's a fact that ballet claims more injuries than paintball.
I broke my leg in cross country.

No comments: