7/21/08

School's a full time job

I agree with the tip treat college like a full time job. You need to have a full commitment to school otherwise you wouldn't be interested. Also, you wouln't have a full commitment within the school. The commitment you show in your studies will let your instructors,classmates, friends and family know that you're serious and they will contribute to by helping you and showing you support. When i was in school I didn't consider it a full time job at all. I just thought of it as something i was wasting my time at, so I was pretty much just pissed away high school because, I was barely going and I was just going to talk to my friends and go to my major which was theater (acting). I didn't take it serious until i started thinking hard about my future. I needed some structure if i wanted to succeed I need to go to college. Obviously I need to pass high school. So I treated as if it was a full time job (temporarily) and I graduated. I also learn that if you piss away your time you will pretty much hold yourself back because i was almost to the point where i wasnt going to graduate on time and was failing with a low GPA which nobody wants. So thats why i agree with school is a full-time job.

5 comments:

jeff terrian said...

I agree, I pretty much did the same thing. I saw high school as a lost cause because I couldn't do what I wanted anyways. So I gave up. But then when it comes to Columbia, I'm dead serious. I'm not going to hide because I'm scared to fail. This school is about risk and it's better to fail trying than to give up. This is our full time job.
-jeff
I need to go find a part time job to go with it now.

antonio_burns said...

Lol jeff i agree with you. This is going to determine my life! I have to be serious about this.

chris parise said...

yeah we really have to stay focused.

Kyle Bauman said...

Commitment is the most important thing I've had to learn as a young adult. It's hard because our focus can shift so easily, but you just have to remind yourself of what you will get in the long run. like the guest speaker said today college diploma=a millie, a millie etc.

antonio_burns said...

hahaha. hell yeah. i need that milli, a milli, a milli